Ahhhh…9 days down and not a repeat in sight (yet). Actually, it’s a bit trickier than I anticipated because alot of my past MM items (ie when I was a larger size and also bodged alot of my makes!) have long since been sent to the charity shop. Some have even fallen apart :/ In addition, this week has exposed some recent makes that are pretty much wardrobe orphans; or at least don’t have any Me Made partners. So if I am to succeed in my self imposed challenge, I shall have to rack up a few new makes as I go along! Anyway, here’s a run down so far…
1st May: Aztec tee & skinnified jeans. Hmm, wrong shoes for this outfit I think. My sandals would have made it look less frumpy.
2nd May: Refashioned sweatshirt & skinnified jeans. This is borderline. It’s ok (maybe slightly 80’s soft rock!) but I think I need some relaxed fit trousers to go with this top. It’s proving tricky to style this top even though I love it. My dark denim jeans work with this but they’re not Me Made.
3rd May: Plum Pudding Tunic & skinnified jeans. I like this overall silhouette. I must measure the length of this tunic as it hits at just the right point on the thighs to be flattering.
4th May: Refashioned Tee & skinnified jeans. Erm, Axl Rose eat your heart out! This worked ok with the long chunky cardigan I wore it with. But if you ever see me out in this combo ever again, SLAP ME!
5th May: Kimono Tee & Refashioned Maxi plus Me Made necklace. I really like this outfit. There, I said it! Perhaps some more jersey maxi’s on the horizon? Have to get some jersey first…
6th May: Nautical Tee & skinnified jeans. This top is one of my very earliest makes but still gets worn all the time. I guess it was an early precursor to my kimono tees. This combo is OK, but I don’t love it.
7th May: Stripe Tee & skinnified jeans – This is a classic combo for me. Skinnies, top and a cardi
8th May: First ever Kimono Tee & skinnified jeans – As above. I’m in comfortable territory here. Kinda my uniform and how I feel most comfortable. This is still my fave kimono tee. Fabric is so soft and cool. Quite a bit looser these days, and I actually think I might add some more ease back in to my kimono tee pattern for future makes. I redrafted it after I lost weight but I think I prefer the looser fit.
9th May: Tea Dyed Silk Top & skinnified jeans – The colours work here. But the shape of this top is all wrong on me. Just feel so frumpy in it. I bought some matching thread today…look out for a refashion…
So…observations so far:
- Keeping the Me Made pledge on my bottom half is easy. Practically all of my jeans are bought from charity shops and then refashioned to fit. I have pairs in black, navy, khaki, purple, polka dots, and light denim. Plus two pairs in my refashion pile awaiting “the treatment”
- I’m gradually increasing my stock of Me Made tops. This has always been my stumbling point. It’s getting better. I currently have about 10 me made tops and one new one already this week and 3-4 more in progress! (inc a Laurel!)
- I REALLY like jersey maxis. So comfy and so quick to sew, even on a standard machine. I’ll probably use the one above as a template to churn out a few more…
- I desperately need to cut and colour my hair! It’s getting very unruly
- I really ought to get acquainted with my iron! The only time I use it is during construction. I rarely iron stuff before I wear it. Ahhh, lifes tooooo short man!
- I still hate the photography part!