Ah, man! I have been laid low with a chest infection (and fever for some of it) for the past 10 days or so. I’m only just starting to come round to some level of feeling functional. I’m very bad at being ill. I tend to drop like a ton of bricks and completely zone out. Usually I get over it quite quickly; but this little bout seems to be dragging on and on. I blame the weather. I am literally so cross about our weather right now. It’s actually snowing outside as I type this. It’s friggin’ April for goodness sake! I think our bodies can only fend off winter illnesses for so long then they will eventually succumb. We neeeeed Spring!
Anyway, that’s the reason for the lack of posting around these parts lately! So today I thought I’d share a quick tutorial that’s been sitting in draft for weeks. (It was part of the whole TV/Challenge thing I’ve been involved in. I made half a dozen pairs of these and they all sold. STILL waiting for them to finish editing the pilot at the moment. So no news yet!) These literally take 5-10 minutes to make.
You will need:
- Beads for your drops
- 2 x jewelry head pins (gold or silver)
- 0.8-1mm gauge jewelry wire (gold or silver)
- Wire Cutters
- Round nosed pliers
- Thread your bead(s) onto your headpins
- Snip off the excess wire leaving approx 6-7mm; and create loops at the top using round nosed pliers
- Next cut 2 identical lengths of wire. Anything from 2-4″ in length depending on how large you want your finished hooks to be
- Clamp BOTH pieces of wire at the same time between your round nosed pliers. About 1cm OFF centre; and bend the wires over the nose of your pliers to create the “hook”
- Using round nosed pliers, add little loops the the longer ends.
- Add the drops you made a minute ago, close up the loops, and you’re done!
See?! 5-10m minutes max 🙂